Stephanie S. Henkle
“I lawyer like I would want to be lawyered. I have a strong desire to help people navigate through our complicated legal system. My goal is to help my clients obtain the best legal outcome possible for their individual situation.
A legal issue is stressful. I recognize and respect the emotional toll that dealing with a legal matter has on a person and their loved ones. While I love the pressure of the courtroom, I strive to keep that pressure off my client. That is my job.
Mediocrity is not okay. In or out of the courtroom, I strive for excellence. I know from experience that being more prepared helps accomplish my clients’ goals.”
Stephanie Henkle has defended clients throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia in cases from traffic tickets to capital murder. Born in Norfolk, raised in Virginia Beach, and having practiced in numerous cities and counties in Virginia as a senior assistant capital defender before entering private practice, she is well acquainted with courtrooms across the Commonwealth. She builds a strong, trusting relationship with her clients by treating them with compassion and understanding. In her free time, she enjoys serving others in missions work through her church.
- Virginia Tech, Cum Laude, B.S.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Public Service Fellow with Dean’s Special Recognition
- Trial Practice Institute from the National Criminal Defense College
- The Clarence Darrow Death Penalty Defense College
- Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court for the Eastern District
- United States District Court for the Western District
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America