Knowledgeable Virginia DUI/DWI Attorney Protects Drivers’ Rights
Lawyer defending Amelia-area clients against criminal prosecution
Throughout Virginia, law enforcement has been cracking down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. M.G. Henkle, PLLC has the knowledge necessary to challenge the evidence against you and the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Advocate committed to challenging drunk driving charges
I understand that good people can make mistakes. I strive to satisfy my clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. I am knowledgeable about complex Virginia DUI laws, and analyze every aspect of your case — from the initial traffic stop to breath or blood tests — to build your defense. I know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and I challenge the evidence against you with the skill I have developed over years in the field. I work hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Counselor advises on what to do if you are stopped
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself:
- Be polite. Refer to the police officer as sir or ma’am. Do not curse at him or her. Extinguish your cigarette or other smoking device and do not make or receive telephone calls while the officer is there.
- Do not be intimidated by the police. If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Stay calm.
- Do not provide excess information. The police officer may be building a case against you, and you are not obligated to answer his/her questions. It is best that you speak as little as possible, because, most likely, nothing you say will prevent your arrest, but it may help the prosecutor convict you.
- Do not give permission for the police to search your car or person. Any evidence found in your car or on your person could be used to support a DUI conviction.
- Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Contact me today for a consultation.
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need a qualified defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call M.G. Henkle, PLLC today at 804-215-0497 or contact me online to set up a consultation at my Amelia, Virginia office.